Andy Williams is Head of Music at the Elizabeth Woodville School in Northamptonshire. Together we are creating a primary music project for local cluster schools to help improve transition at age 11 and parity in music. By supporting all the local schools to embrace music making, we hope to encourage a culture that the children involved will take into their secondary school years to enhance their lives.
We are going to offer:
- The creation of a massed ensemble of instrumentalists from all the cluster schools
- CPD for music co-ordinators and staff
- In person visits to assess, support and extend what can be offered in each school
- Opportunities to bring outside arts organisations to visit the cluster schools
- Help with transition from primary to secondary
- Specialist workshops in singing, rhythm and ensembles from EYFS to KS2
- Share concerts and events with secondary pupils
With many years of music and teaching experience we will be visiting the schools, offering practical hands on advice and answering any questions that arise.
Follow the progress of the primary music project by visiting the Education on Fire blog. The resources we create for this project will also be available for you to download, keep listening throughout the season as I offer exclusive opportunities for me to come and deliver a workshop in your school.
Keep up to date at www.EducationOnFire.com