Welcome to the first episode of the new season Education on Fire – English & Literacy.
We have a great selection of interviews for you over the coming weeks which I hope will help and inspire you in your teaching.
As a special thank you for listening every week I will give you a FREE English resource from teachingpacks.co.uk for you to download and use in your classroom. See below.
On todays show I chat to Dominic Traynor from LitFilmFest
LitFilmFest helps future-proof young learners. Our award-winning projects accelerate progress in Primary English and develop the 21st century skills needed for success in the future.
What is LitFilmFest?
We create classroom projects which help schools future-proof young learners. Our award winning resource accelerate progress in English and develop leaders of the future with the 21st century skills needed for success. Our process is simple:
- Choose a LitFilmFest literacy project matched to the National Curriculum
- Download the resources and teach, improving writing progress and increasing pupil engagement using video making
- Share your literacy with your community, and with us, to give writing purpose
Why use LitFilmFest?
Our projects won the Institute Of Education’s EDUCATE award for improving KS2 English by 3.75 times the UK national average rate of progress. We also won the Teach Primary award for our Pupil Parliament project and the COBIS Member of the Year award for LitFilmFest Luxembourg.
Find out more:
Social Media Information
To celebrate our English & Literacy season TeachingPacks.co.uk have generously given you the opportunity to download some of their wonderful resources for FREE. During each week of this season I will add a new resource for you to use in your class.
Introduce a new word to your class every day with our ‘word of the day’ posters. Share the posters on your interactive whiteboard or use them on a classroom display. Can you challenge your children to use today’s word in their writing? 125 words are included.
To download the pack please click the link below.
Mark Warner from Teaching Packs has given Education on Fire a coupon code for you to join their membership of Teaching Packs Plus for just £19.50.
Please click below for details.
National Association for Primary Education
Our aim is to achieve a higher priority for the education of children from birth to 13. High quality learning in the early years of life is vitally important to the creation of an educated society. Young children are not simply preparing for the future, they are living a never to be repeated time of life and the best way to learn is to live.
Thank you and keep inspiring,
Creator/Host Education On Fire Podcast Network
Todays episode is a round up of the Primary Music on Fire Membership Site launch season and a catch up of what else is available on the Education on Fire Podcast Network.
The English/Literacy season starts in two weeks time and we look forward to exploring this new topic with you.
Welcome to the launch day episode of Primary Music on Fire Membership Site.
You can join now at www.educationonfire.com/membership/
On this weeks show Mark Taylor and Carol Aveyard talk about what is inside the Primary Music on Fire Membership Site.
- Are you a teacher who wants to create or develop music in your school?
- Do you need support and resources? GET OUR FREE MUSIC GAMES DOWNLOAD BELOW.
- Do you need CPD and a private forum of like-minded teachers to bounce ideas around with?
- Do you want to know multiple ways to document what you create and how to include everyone into fun music making classes whatever their needs or abilities?
- Do you need this without the cost to school of employing a specialist member of staff?
If the answer is yes and you want to create an environment for your pupils to thrive through the magic of music, you are in the right place.
For a many years now schools have been asking me for help and advice about how to support music in their primary schools. I have replied to emails and visited schools to deliver workshops and CPD, but I want to do more. As a professional musician and music educator, I know the life changing effect music can have on children’s lives. I am one such child.
Having created the Education on Fire podcast network, recorded a ‘Music and the Arts’ podcast series, and had 515,000 YouTube views of my rhythm workshops, I have decided to create something that will benefit as many schools as possible.
We are building a community of teachers who want to deliver the best music experience possible for their pupils.
Your membership will give you access to:
– Primary Music Pyramid – training on how to lay the foundations that help embed music at the heart of your school. We will support music co-ordinators, non-music-specialists and music teachers in whole class singing, rhythm and pitch.
– Learning instruments – we can show you how to take the first steps in teaching your class ocarinas, recorders, ukulele, boomwhackers, samba and more. We can also show you where to find the best resources as you flourish and become a confident music provider.
– Choirs and ensembles – how to set them up and support them to thrive with insights into all the best resources available.
– How to create a performing culture in your school with music assemblies, concerts, recitals, or festivals.
– Performing opportunities outside of school and in the local community.
– Using music with your class topic.
– Forums for teachers to share their experiences and help others gain the knowledge and support they need.
– Member Q&A calls with Carol and Mark
– Exclusive member offers.
– Follow the music teachers on our team – They will document and share how they have created their lessons and how they are cultivating wonderful experiences for their pupils.
– How to utilise your Music Hub – First Access programmes. Cross curriculum projects & funding. Introduction to instrumental lessons.
Primary Music on Fire Membership Site get involved now at https://www.educationonfire.com/primary-music/
On todays show Mark reveals why he decided to keep everything under one roof.
3 podcasts and a primary music membership site = Education ON FIRE
Full details at www.EducationOnFire.com/primary-music