About Safety Snakes:
The Safety Snakes campaign offers teachers a range of free resources to help them combine the principles of online safety with computational thinking. We’re providing a new online safety themed Barefoot lesson plan and printed Bee-Bot mat, designed similar to a Snakes and Ladders game. This includes a digital version of the mat, Scratch Bee-Bot sim, a lesson plan, teacher notes and a printable version of the mat for pupils to enjoy.
Everything teachers need are available from the website they can simply register and download the resource from barefootcas.org.uk.
In addition, we are also offering a printed online safety mat, to teachers who register on Barefoot’s website and book a workshop, quoting the Safety Snakes campaign code: 999.
Workshops must be requested before 2 March 2018 and be delivered before the end of the 2017-18 academic year.
The Barefoot Safety Snakes resources pack contains:
- A detailed Safety Snakes lesson plan
- An overview short lesson plan
- A printable version of the online safety Bee-Bot mat (4 x A3 size documents)
- An interactive Scratch Bee-Bot sim.
- A link to the video, presented by young children, showing how to use the online safety mat
- Other lesson resources, including Bee-Bot command cards, unplugged Bee-Bot image, a printable mat square for children to design their own Bee-Bot mats and dos and don’ts teaching points
Teachers who have already registered with Barefoot can download the Safety Snakes lesson resources, including a digital version from barefootcas.org.uk
* A printed version of the online safety mat is only available to registered teachers who book a workshop, quoting the reference number 999.
You can listen to the 3 Education on Fire podcast episodes I recorded with Barefoot. Start here http://www.educationonfire.com/010-computing-school-barefoot-programme-supported-bt/