Alison Swann talks about her experience in using movement and dance to support all areas of the primary school curriculum.
Alison is a Dance in Education Specialist with 30 years experience. She trained at Laban (now Trinity Laban) in Contemporary Technique and Movement Analysis.
Dance Educates strives to raise standards through a multisensory approach to learning, supporting teachers in delivering your curriculum through cross-curricular dance and movement sessions.
We believe an exciting, social and creative learning environment is the key to children and young people engaging and retaining knowledge enabling them to be confident learners and building skills for life.
What we do:
- We offer CPD courses and INSET workshops
- We work with EYFS through to Key Stage 5
- We have over 20 years experience of dance in education
- We continue to support teachers and Artists after the programmes have finished
- We have worked with institutions such as the Royal Opera House, Trinity Laban, The Place and the Richard Alston Dance Company
To find out more information about the ‘Music and the Arts in primary schools’ season please visit