As we continue our exploration of what children think about their schooling, today I welcome Anderson and Addison who are the children of Ramona Rice from Podcast Websites .
Anderson (5th Grade) and Addison (4th Grade) are from Virginia in the USA and offer their thoughts about what school life is like for them.
During the summer holidays Anderson and Addison are working on their own podcast called The Tiny Potters!
Ramona and the team at Podcast Websites do a fantastic job of looking after people like me and enabling us to create shows that are helping listeners around the world in a whole range of subjects.
Here are the 10 questions about schooling I am using to frame the season around.
1. If you could design your own classroom what would it look like? Eg Large open plan loft style, small rooms, sit in rows or groups? Anything goes be creative!
2. How would you create your day and spend your time? Eg How much time inside/outside, how much studying, exercise, time on your own/with others, playing, games, projects. Anything goes be creative!
3. How do you assess your progress? What do you do everyday to move forward towards your goals and dreams?
4. How often do you discuss and think about – what you eat, exercise, breathing, sleeping, mindfulness, gratitude, volunteering?
5. How often do you discuss and think about life? Babies being born or people dying.
6. How often do you discuss money, budgets, savings, financial planning?
7. Do you work with a mentor? Do you know what a mentor is?
8. How often do you lead a team of people?
9. Do you like working on real projects that are relevant to you? Eg Fundraising, events for the local community, school productions, concerts, sports events?
10. Of the things you enjoy most – do they happen in school time or are they after school clubs?