Welcome to Season 3. I am asking 10 questions to students from around the world to find out ‘what children think about their schooling?’
Today I chat with pupils from Overstone Primary School, Northampton, UK.
You can also listen to episode 003 where I interviewed Janice Mardell the Headteacher of Overstone and get a real insight into how the ethos of the school is having such a positive effect on pupils.
Listen to me explain more about season 3 on episode 031
Here are the 10 questions about schooling I am using to frame the season around.
1. If you could design your own classroom what would it look like? Eg Large open plan loft style, small rooms, sit in rows or groups? Anything goes be creative!
2. How would you create your day and spend your time? Eg How much time inside/outside, how much studying, exercise, time on your own/with others, playing, games, projects. Anything goes be creative!
3. How do you assess your progress? What do you do everyday to move forward towards your goals and dreams?
4. How often do you discuss and think about – what you eat, exercise, breathing, sleeping, mindfulness, gratitude, volunteering?
5. How often do you discuss and think about life? Babies being born or people dying.
6. How often do you discuss money, budgets, savings, financial planning?
7. Do you work with a mentor? Do you know what a mentor is?
8. How often do you lead a team of people?
9. Do you like working on real projects that are relevant to you? Eg Fundraising, events for the local community, school productions, concerts, sports events?
10. Of the things you enjoy most – do they happen in school time or are they after school clubs?